Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Intercambio

En un momentito mi vida cambia.

Ok, so today was a rather frustrating day. A. I found out the room that I am staying in used to have bed bugs (yay!...not so much right?) and B. I felt pretty lonely and crappy today. I miss everyone. I thought today...why the heck did I leave everyone I love so much to come to Spain. Although the city is fascinating, and the restaurants are cute, and the coffee is amazing...I am missing my friends in Tallahassee. I am missing Lee, so so so so so so much. :( I am missing hanging out with friends and just chillen...but such is life when you are adjusting to a new city, a new group, a new language ect. ect. I kept telling myself today, "it has only been less than a week...it will get better." It is not that it is bad here, or that I want to turn and run back to home, but I just miss my wonderful, comfortable, good life in Tallahassee. There is something that is draining about having to speak in a foreign language a lot. Like you want to talk about something deeper, or you just want to explain yourself, pero no se la palabra, or no se la phrase... anyway...those who have lived abroad or have encountered this situation, will understand. I love Spanish, don't get me wrong, but sometimes it is so nice to speak in English and just be in a comfortable situation.

So, as mentioned above, my day was NOT that great...but such is life, not just while living abroad, but this is life right...good days and bad days. Anyway, so I had gone for walk earlier and ended up at the study center where I thought I might run into some people that wanted to hang out, but nothing came of that so I started to walk back to my apartment...but then ended up right where I started, so I decided to take a bus, and while I was on the bus, I saw a store that I thought might sells towels (did I mention I so need a towel, but they are expensive and hard to find)...so I got off the bus only to realize that the store does not sell towels...so then I had to wait...again....for the next bus. Finally, I got back to the neighborhood where I live, and I decided to grab something to eat, and ended up meeting this American couple and their friends who invited me to sit with them. So, I ended up going with this thing called, “Intercambio” and it is where people who want to practice English and those who want to practice Spanish can kinda help each other. I ended up having so much fun, and was able to meet so many people. I loved it because I met both locals and people from other countries who are living in Valencia. It was so much fun for me to talk with them, and just have a chilled out night. I know that I have to remember that it takes time to meet people, and just because one day is not fabulous, it really can turn around in a moment.

Pues, voy a escribir mas manana o otra dia.

-Vicki

Ps. I know I need accents on my Spanish words, but I haven’t figured out how to put them on through the computer.

4 comments:

  1. I had no idea you are in freaking Spain!!!! I adore you! Live it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Victoria, I miss you too! Just remember I am counting on you to following through with your dreams. It's cold as a witches tit in a tin bra here! Are you staying warm? Is the translator helping any? Hang in there.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, so I needed to step away from the panic button when my youngest is across the world and not having a good day. I know the Lord's hand can reach even there. Love you, Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My little Vicki!! I wish I could have been there to give you a hug! *sending hugs across the waters right to you!!!* You're right, it's one day, and it will get better, and you'll adjust, and then you'll be just as sad to see this experience end! It's the circle of liiiiiffffffeeeee!!!!!!!! LOL. I love you, and I'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete