So, yesterday I moved into my new place...you know loaded all of my bags up, and lugged all of my stuff out of the grand apartment of 9 people, and moved into this antique apartment with two other girls. One girl, the German, is moving out in a week to be replaced by a Spaniard, but Rebecca lives here and is from Spain. I have had SUCH a good time since I got her yesterday. I have felt ridiculously welcome, and I feel SO comfortable in my room and in the house in general. Rebecca has decorated in the cutest, warm way ever, and I am just happy. I am so happy that I have warm blankets, that I am in more of a home than just an apartment, and that I can become friends with Spanish people....well and that I am going to have to speak Spanish everyday. So far we went shopping with Rebecca's friends, and just chilled at the house...last night I slept amazingly well, and I am just relieved, and pretty much stoked for the next few months. I will yet again need to learn how to get to work from here, and will need to learn what shops ect. are around me, but that I can do. It's been a CRAZY two weeks for starting out in a new country, but I can tell something has changed, and definitely for the better :)
As far as my Spanish...I feel like an idiot...omg. I am having a hard time spitting out what I want to say, and I am realizing that I am really understanding more and more when people are speaking, but that I can't express myself very well. I wish I could go back and sit in a Spanish I class and soak up everything that is elementary and simple. For whatever reason some things that I learned like 8 years ago, did not stick...and now I am like how do I say, "how much is that?"...wait, "yesterday or tomorrow?"... how do I say, "she ate that yesterday..."
I am determined though. I really, really want to learn more and become more comfortable with the language. So...I am hoping that at the end of this adventure, I will feel more confident in teaching English...and in speaking, writing, listening, and reading in Spanish.
So...basically things are good, and I am so grateful :)
-Vicki
I'm so proud of you!! You're doing great and you'll know so much more than you think! Love you friend!!!
ReplyDelete