Thursday, January 20, 2011

Chocolate makes all things smile :)

So, have I mentioned their little pastry shops with loads of good stuff? I love them, and I love the fact that you can literally just pop in on any random one. As far as food in general, I like most of everything I have tried. The only thing I didn't like too much was some anchovie sandwich....eww, but besides that, food has been good.

So, today marks exactly two weeks here. Two weeks...it's been such a blur. I literally feel like it has been so long. I have realized though that the time here is going to go uber fast so I need to be learning, understanding, participating, traveling as much as I can because before you know it, I will be back, and will be looking for work.

Today, I am tired. I am not tired from staying up too late, or from strenuous activity, it's just that my brain is tired. I've tried to explain this to some people, but it's basically because I have been constantly trying to understand people and be understood in another language. The most challenging thing that I have done was my search for an apartment. Yet again, I am moving...lol. The process has been comical because here I am calling random people who only speak Spanish, and I have been negotiating a time to meet, prices, availabilities ect. I have seen a lot of places, and met A LOT of people, so in a way it's been kinda interesting. I guess when else would you have the opportunity to see the inside of so many different people homes? So, though the process has been exhausting, I am kinda glad I've had to do it because it's helped me understand the city better, and interact (in Spanish) with so many people. So, I am moving from a fun, big, crazy apartment of 9 people into an apartment with only 3 girls...so I am excited. I think I have realized a lot about myself through this whole "moving extravaganza"...I like pretty chilled out apartments with few people. I love to come home and just know that the atmosphere will be semi-quiet, and kinda predictable...maybe I am getting old? Ha... so, I move in on Saturday, so I will yet again get to know another area of town, and get to know two new people. I'm pretty stoked.

Life in general here is good, and I am LOVING my internship. I feel like it really is such a cool placement. My internship supervisor is very good, and I have the opportunity to observe and assist in so many different classes.

pues, quiero dormir ahora...

take care everyone.

Vicki

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you are moving again!!! ha ha!!! You are crazy! Man... 2 weeks - that's all? Seems like it's been much longer!

    Miss you!!
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete