So, life has become more routine now, which is a good thing I think. My only fear is that I won't travel enough throughout Spain because I am too comfortable here :) It's a daunting task (not bad though) to think about how to see it all in the 3 months that remain. Hmm, so I wanna see Madrid, Barcelona, Pamplona, the North of Spain, the Straight of Gibraltar, Seville, ect ect ect. Not to mention: Italy, Greece, Germany, the Czech Republic, and England...well and maybe some other places. :) So yeah...sadly I realize that I won't get to see it all, but that I am going to try to combine quality with quantity...I can't imagine coming home not having seen Madrid and Barcelona...so I think they are first on my list. This all just makes me think that I will HAVE TO come back, at some point.
So, GREAT NEWS!!!! Lee is coming to visit me! :) YAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!! I wasn't sure he would be able to, but he got the time off and will be coming very soon :) I am ecstatic. I love him so much, and so wish he could be here with me the whole rest of the time....but I think our time together will be awesome! :)
So, I am walking a decent amount everyday...it's 35 min. to work, and I am trying to avoid taking the bus, just because I really enjoy the walk and plus it's healthy. So, maybe you guys know that the Spanish eating schedule is a little different. They have virtually nothing for breakfast, but then eat a Bocadillo (a sandwich with a variety of things...either potatoes, cheese and ham, or tomatoes and cheese...something like that) for "lunch" at 10:30, then at 1 or 2 they have well "lunch" again...but this time it is a big meal. Like I have been having this predicament lately. I ask for the menu of the day at a restaurant, and I literally get a huge bowl of soup with bread, then the main course is like chicken and rice and veggies, and then a pastry and coffee...for about 8 Euros...so it's like too much food really. So I have been feeling like I am not going to loose weight if I keep eating like that. So on with the food schedule :) They then eat a "merienda" which is a light snack at like 5pm, and then dinner at 8 or 9...so yeah lots of eating :)
So, work. I am reallly enjoying my internship as I have mentioned in earlier blogs. My supervising teacher is a very good teacher and is really trying to use me in the classroom, and I really appreciate her. I am getting to observe, but also participate, which is what I enjoy most. So far, this experience has made me think about working with younger learners because previously I had just been focusing my energy on adult learners. The students who are like 12 and 13 are absolutely so cute, crazy yes, but so cute :) and so eager to participate. The 17 and 18 year olds are amazingly advanced (well some of them) at English, and I am really happy I get to interact with them. I am starting to think about where I would like to work after the internship is over.
Well, overall things are excellent. My brain is so tired by the end of the day because of trying to understand the Spanish around me. I am hoping that one day soon, I will just be amazingly able to understand everything and communicate with ease :)
Well... Good Morning Florida and take care :)
-Vicki
ps. I have taken a few pics, but not as much as I should...but will post them soon :)
Hello Vicki! It's so good that you're feeling comfortable. You can call Valencia "home." Its great to see other beautiful places, but it's also special to feel like that city is YOUR city. I'm so glad you choose to walk to work! its probably a nice time to wake up before you start your day. Talking about losing weight - in Italy, all I ate was pizza and pasta. I'm not kidding. Once in a while I'd have a sandwich, and I think I had chicken twice. Because I was walking so much, I got so thin! You sound like you're walking way more than i was. Imagine three more months!
ReplyDeleteYour classes sound so exciting! I bet you're having so much fun. And i bet you are sleeping great bc your brain is so tired lol. I had a headache after one day of trying to understand Afrikaans in South Africa. So, go you! for doing it for a month already :)
love you & good luck!
alyse
YAY!!!!!!! Lee's gonna visit :) I'm sure you'll have lots of fun!!! Can't wait to see pictures, and I'm definitely game for visiting in the future. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it while you're there :( I'm sure you'll lose weight even with the food because you are walking so much! And keep doing what you're doing because you'll get there, and soon you speaking and understanding spanish will be as natural as breathing! I'm glad that you're getting different experiences with different age groups because it seems you'll have more options if you enjoy different age groups. love you friend, and keep having fun! Thanks for posting your adventures!!!!
ReplyDelete