Saturday, January 15, 2011

I gave in....

I had been trying to avoid Starbucks because there are so many local places that have amazing coffee, and sell it for pretty cheap....but today, I gave in....I just wanted to feel the comfort of home, and get free internet :) So, I am currently sipping on a Vanilla Latte, and it's pretty satisfying.

As for life in Valencia, most things are going pretty well. I started my internship at a Catholic school here, and have really loved meeting the students, and just being involved in the classes. My supervising teacher is great, and I am really thinking that the time spent in the school will be wonderful.

As far as the other areas of my life? Well, as mentioned in my last blog, I have been a little lonely (which is to be expected), and I am not completely comfortable at the apartment that I have just paid a lot of money to live at.... so what does that mean? Not sure quite yet...

I talked to my mom today, and I don't know what moms have, but they just have this incredible ability to make you feel that all things will work out, and that I can just trust God in all things :). I love my mom and I so appreciate her :) So, I am sure, absolutely confident, that in a short time, I will feel comfortable here, and find my niche. I am trying out a church tomorrow, and am excited to see how that goes.

Other thoughts:

-I love trying to use Spanish, and am stoked about how much I will be able to learn while here.

-Did I mention that there is another language spoken here? It's called Valenciano, and literally it is a completely different language. It's I guess a mix of Spanish, Italian, and French or something like that. One of the teachers at my school teaches Valenciano, and I am hoping that one day, I can sit in his class just to learn a little about it. I am so curious how languages come about... In Spain there are a few other non-standard languages spoken. Spanish is the national language, but these others are strong as well and have many speakers who use them daily.

-Around every corner here there is another cute cafe or restaurant, and it just makes me feel like I am in one of those European movies where the cool people are eating in a trendy restaurant :) lol...but true.

So, yeah...I think that is all for now. Love you all.

-Victoria (or pronounced Bictoria here :)

2 comments:

  1. Bictoria,

    I'm so happy you found that little bit of comfort! You just need to give in to that once in a while. I'm sure you'll be finding your niche any minute now, in one of those cute/trendy restaurants :) So maybe you'll be posting in Valenciano soon? That is so interesting. I'm going to read up on it now! love you! have fun at school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! I had no idea there was a whole other language spoken there! That's awesome! I'm sure things will continue to get easier the more you're there. BTW, where are the pictures you promised?!?!? Maybe I should check facebooke! lol :) i love yo friend! Keep on blogging, just keep blogging, keep on blogging, just keep blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete