Thursday, April 14, 2011

13 Days

I am currently spending this evening frantically trying to come up with an amazing English lesson for tomorrow. My assignment: teach two lessons about anything...which seems easy right? Cuz I can literally teach the students about ANYTHING...cool, right? Um..yes it is cool, but how am I supposed to decide what to teach. I have narrowed it down to wanting to teach them about American culture, and maybe even do a snippet on Tallahassee. So, I guess that narrows it down some, or does it? I mean what is American culture? I've come up with this list: Football (American...not soccer), Tailgating, House Parties (this is not so common in other parts of the world), Roadtrips, Churches, Rivers, Beaches, Boating, Baby Showers, Weddings, Universities, Parks, Fast Food, Mexican Food (love it!), Various Foods in general...ok so obviously this is not a comprehensive list, like at all...It's hard to do a lesson on American culture though because what should I focus on, how do I want to display our country? Anyway, once I get finished distracting myself with blogging :) I will get back to brainstorming...

So, since I have been getting more busy lately, I haven't been watching the days past as much, and so I looked up the other day and realized that I am leaving soon, yes very soon... 13 days in fact. I am eager to get back that is true, BUT I will miss a good few things here. Here is what I will miss:

The "cafe con leche"...love it.
The students at my school where I have been interning.
My supervisor, Diana-she's made my stay here so much better!
My roommates and the time in the afternoon that we spend eating together
Making coffee at home for myself, and my roomies
Walking in Valencia
The fresh food, and the local workers that have always been so nice
The teachers and their efforts to speak the few words of English they know
The families and random people who have showed me kindness
Speaking Spanish more, and just listening to Spanish everywhere
Have I mentioned the students? I will def. miss them...some of my favorites are the Seniors and the 12 year olds... :) Good times...

I am sure there are plenty more things...but that's all I can think of at the moment.

Well...I better get back to it!

See you all soon :)

1 comment:

  1. 13 Days?!?! It seems like just yesterday, you were frantically trying to decide where to live! Can't wait to see you!!!!

    ReplyDelete