Friday, February 17, 2012

Grateful

Today, when I was walking into work, I suddenly realized how blessed I am. I love my job...I am actually doing what I want to do. I get to work with adults from all over the world. I get to share with them about culture, life, and most of all I get to teach them English. I feel blessed for my position, and the fact that I am actually getting to do what I wanted to do. In one way I achieved a dream I had set. Which brings me to think that I should start setting more dreams, and pushing towards them. I feel like it is important to have things we are working towards, you know? I have a few things in mind, but not sure which way "we" (I say "we" now because there are two of us now-Lee and me) will go. It's interesting to see all the changes that have taken place in the past year. Last year at this time, I was in Spain, having just been proposed to. And now, I am married, working and living and loving life. Where will we end up? I like that it's a "we" now...I don't just daydream about what "I" can do, but I also dream about what "we" can do and accomplish in our lives. What God would like "us" to do? For me, maybe unlike some couples, I like the "we." I like the partnership and companionship. I am grateful for so many things in my life. I want to always remember, that come what may, I will serve God and be grateful for the gifts I have been given. I am not deserving of good...I've done nothing to warrant it, which is why I need to always keep life in perspective. To always look at who is really in charge. I just wanted to note today that I am grateful for life, for Lee, and for my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment